Sunday, February 24, 2013

Goodbye #3

Last night, I tossed and turned barely getting any sleep. It had finally hit me. CK is going to miss so much this year. Crawfish boils. Tornado warnings. Summer fun. His daughters's 9th birthday. Back to school. Pumpkin muffins. Several holidays. Countless special moments. I don't want to do life without him.

Yesterday was a tough day in general. CK spent the last few days at home on a much anticipated leave. Though it was short, it was so nice to have him here again. But just as soon as we hugged hello, we were saying goodbye again. We (Baby CK and I) drove him back yesterday. It was a fun trip with an impromptu hike at a park along the way. We even got a tour of the base and one last meal together in the dining hall.

This goodbye was the hardest one so far. Maybe it was because Baby CK was with us this time. Maybe it was because this might be the last hug for a good long while. Maybe it just finally hit him like it him me last night. CK is definitely not one for crying (I cry enough for the both of us!) but I could see the emotion of the moment beginning to overwhelm him. I don't think I'll ever forget his special words or how tightly he hugged me that night.

Despite the sadness I'm wallowing in right now (I promise I'll be smiley again tomorrow), I'm still holding strong to what I know is coming. "And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you" (1 Peter 5:10, ESV). Alright, Lord. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment